TYPES OF PROJECTS WE ENGAGE IN
- Aging in place projects
- Renovations and restorations
- Large and small remodeling projects
- Creating workable spaces for the disabled
- Kitchens and bathrooms
- Family rooms
- Project estimating
A GOOD BUILDER
An experienced builder’s strength is much more than a wealth of construction knowledge. It is passion for the work, organization, schedules, budgets, attitude, attention to detail and an ability to communicate effectively and easily with the client.
YOUR BUILDERS RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
• Ensures that your personal concerns are addressed promptly.
• Responsibility for fulfilling the requirements of the contract.
• Provides continuity and leadership.
• Ensures all job details are addressed.
• Conducts site meetings with the architect and owner to review the progress of the work.
• Addresses concerns of the neighborhood that may arise during construction.
• Coordinates issues including but not limited to utilities, surveys, permits, and environmental questions.
• Makes sure that your personal concerns are a priority.
• Ensures the work progresses steadily and smoothly at the job site. (There may be more than five different subcontractors at your home at any given time.)
• Maintains a clean, orderly, and safe work area.
• Ensures that the work conforms to the plans and specifications.
WHERE WE WORK
ARLINGTON, BEDFORD, BELMONT, BOSTON, BROOKLINE, CAMBRIDGE, CARLISLE, CONCORD, DEDHAM, DOVER, HARVARD, LINCOLN, NATICK, NEEDHAM NEWTON, STOW, WAYLAND, WESTON, WINCHESTER
OUR TRADE PARTNERS
Like many contractors we utilize plumbing, heating and electrical subcontractors. At GALLAGHER we also rely on many specialized trades including framing carpenters, stair-system specialists, and interior finish carpenters. This affords our small company a level of efficiently and expertise not possible when the builders own employees multitask to complete a project.
Over the years Gallagher has developed a solid relationship with an exceptional group of subcontractors. Because of these long relationships we receive timely service when something at your home needs repair.
Our subcontractors are able to keep their prices in line because we are a known, reliable source of work. There are built-in efficiencies for both parties and because they enjoy working with us we garner more thoughtful work. This can translate to savings for our home owner.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN SELECTING A CONTRACTOR
Call on references. An established builder with a good reputation will gladly provide a list of former clients.
A homeowner's property insurance pays when the contractor's insurance is insufficient. Request a current certificate of insurance showing workman's compensation and general liability from each bidder and compare the insurance limits.
Building is much more than the construction itself. A good contractor keeps a tidy site, aggressively controls dust and understands that his construction site is where you live.
You need a builder you can talk to. Select someone who demonstrates that he will respond effectively to your many needs and concerns during the construction process.
Your builder should be able to discuss and defend major cost items in his bid intelligently so that you know it is realistic.
ARCHITECTS WE HAVE WORKED WITH OVER THE YEARS
Ivan Bereznicki Associates
Paul Bilgen Architect
Edward Bing Architects
Rick Eifler Architect
Thomas Harden & Assoc.
Pierce Lamb Arch.
Mellows & Paladino
Red Hawk Studio
Office of Michael Rosenfeld
Hashim Sarkis Architects
Wm. Sloan Assoc.
Chris Walsh & Co.
Royal Barry Wills